100 percent of the selling price going to support men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS, the M·A·C AIDS Fund is continuing a long tradition of bold, brave funding around the world.
“We are so proud to reach this incredible milestone. We are looking forward to partnering with more dedicated organizations, maximizing the impact of our efforts, and arriving at a long over-due end to this epidemic,” said Nancy Mahon, Senior Vice President, Global Philanthropy and Corporate Citizenship for the Estée Lauder Companies and Global Executive Director of the M·A·C AIDS Fund. “The M·A·C AIDS Fund is working in partnership with our consumers, employees, suppliers and retailers to support the most underserved, vulnerable populations and ensure that people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS have access to the services they need.”
WHAT ONE VIVA GLAM CAN DO…
- Purchase 254 condoms to prevent the transmission of HIV
- Provide fresh fruit, vegetables, and grocery essentials to a mother and child affected by HIV for a full week
- Purchase 200 new syringes, which are given to injection drug users in exchange for used needles to prevent HIV transmission
- Provide 32 Safer Sex Kits which include condoms, lubricant and instructions
- Provide a clean, safe place to sleep for two nights for one resident living with HIV/AIDS
- Buy 10 individually tailored, nutritious meals for a person affected by HIV/AIDS
- Purchase one rapid oral HIV test
- Provide a new job interview shirt and tie for one resident at an HIV/AIDS housing organization
- Buy a pair of school shoes for a child orphaned by AIDS
- Test 14 pregnant mothers for HIV
ABOUT THE M∙A∙C AIDS FUND
The M∙A∙C AIDS Fund, the heart and soul of M∙A∙C Cosmetics, was established in 1994 to support men, women and children affected by HIV/AIDS globally. MAF is a pioneer in HIV/AIDS funding, providing financial support to organizations working with underserved regions and populations. Recently recognized by Funders Concerned About AIDS as the top corporate giver in the arena, MAF is committed to addressing the link between poverty and HIV/AIDS by supporting diverse organizations around the world that provide a wide range of services to people living with HIV/AIDS. To date, MAF has raised more than $400 million (U.S.) exclusively through the sale of M∙A∙C’s VIVA GLAM Lipstick and Lipglass donating 100 percent of the sale price to fight HIV/AIDS. For more information, visit www.macaidsfund.org.
All videos are available below, please use the following hashtags -- #MACAIDSFUND #VIVAGLAM #MACCosmetics #MACCares